Sunday, October 10, 2010

I guess this will sound somewhat boastful but I have to say it. I am one HOT GRANDMA!! The problem with this statement is not that it has anything at all to do with my looks or my shape but rather with the state of my body temperature. While everyone else is in sweaters and blankets, I have the air conditioner on or spend all my time fanning myself with the nearest magazine or newspaper. My husband sleeps under comforters wearing sweatpants and socks and I am under only a sheet and my head leaves a wet spot on the pillow! Such are the joys of senior citizenship for women. The Bible says a virtuous woman will be called blessed by her family. Mine calls me weird! I look forward to Heaven, not just because I'll see Jesus, but because I will be able to ask God "Why, Lord? I wasn't responsible for Adam's bite of the apple. Why take it out on me?" My only consolation is that I am pretty sure that this is not an unusual phenomonem known only by yours truly so if any of the rest of you want in on my plan to kick Eve's butt when I get to heaven, you'll have to form a line behind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment