Monday, October 12, 2009

Someone told me today that I should feel proud of myself for something I had done. I started thinking about the act of feeling proud of oneself. My question became, " Should anyone feel proud of themselves?" The conclusion I came up with is this, no. I don't think anyone accomplishes any thing by themselves. I've been married more than 40 years. In today's society that is quite an accomplishment. Should I feel proud? I don't think so. I didn't do this by myself; it took effort on both my part and my husbands. We raised 3 children who work hard and make their own way in the world without the crutches of alcohol or drugs or any other addictions. Should I be proud? Again, this was a collaborative effort. I've been told I have a lovely home. Should I be proud? No, again. I didn't make this home by myself. I've been told I have been gifted in some areas of my life. These things I can do without help from most others but my inspiration comes not from myself but from my Creator. Ultimately, everything any of us ever accomplishes in this life can only be credited to the source of our inspiration. Our Creator gives us our unique gifts. Sure we have the will to use those gifts but we do not do anything without His strength and His gifts to us. Some people would argue this point with me and that is okay. The Truth remains whether we believe it or not. I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to figure this out. I guess the first 60 years of my life, I was too self-absorbed to accept the fact that I really don't do anything without Gods Strength. I sincerely hope it doesn't take my children so long realize the same thing. I hope it doesn't take you too long either. You may think me a Bible toting lunatic and if you do that's okay. My only concern in life now is what God thinks of me, not man!

No comments:

Post a Comment